10 ways to burn off calories
Published on the 30th Oct, 2012 by Azmina
- Ironing for half an hour can burn up to 150 calories.
- 30 minutes of vacuuming can shed up to 200 calories.
- 250 calories can be lost whilst cleaning the windows and with all that stretching on your tippy toes, you will tone the arms, thighs, love handles and shoulders, too!
- Using the stairs 10 times a day will see another 250 calories away, whilst toning the thighs and bottom.
- Check your room temperature. The green house effect is said to slow down the rate at which you burn calories.
- If gardening is your thing, 30 minutes can burn off around 150 calories.
- Cycling is a great incentive for burning calories and an hour on your bike can help you lose around 330.
- A brisk walk, so as you feel yourself getting slightly out of breath, for 15 minutes at a rate of 4mph, can burn 100 calories, effortlessly.
- Your brain becomes more energized when you stand whilst working or studying. Plug in your standing time at least 5 times for ten minutes, preferably every hour. This will see a further 25% of calories burnt away.
- Can’t get a seat on the train? Take heart – you burn more calories while standing!